Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] joe90@yahoo.com is offline

Default Zoom H2 Handy Recorder - Brilliant!

On Fri, 4 Jan 2008 17:20:02 -0800 (PST), Richard Kuschel
wrote:

On Jan 4, 3:29 pm, wrote:

1. Produces broadcast quality sound from the onboard mics, Sony
ECM-MS90 and via the line-in socket.

Gawd I hate that term "Broadcast Quality". It relly used to mean
something when reel- reel was the standard. Now, with MP3's dominating
the airwaves, the only way that quality is measured is in profit.

I am certain that the H2 is a wonderful toy, but that is really all
that can be said for it- that and It's cheap!!!

Yes. You are right. It's been a long time since I was in
broadcasting... The days when Studers, Nagras and Uhers ruled the
roost and most journos dashed about doing interviews with Sony
Professional Walkmen, the recordings from which, BBC studio managers
would regularly refuse to dub because of the poor quality. Then, as
deadlines approached, tempers flared... Great fun.

But with this little gadget - the H2 - I don't somehow think even the
crankiest AS could object to the quality from it. The only downside is
the lack of professional features. But at this ridiculously low price
one cannot really complain.