Stewart Pinkerton

Default Comments regarding: Cables, Hearing, Stuff!!

On 9 Apr 2004 04:32:03 GMT, Panzzi wrote:

Hi, all...

I've been following some of the threads about cables in RAHE. Interesting
is I noticed that everytime somebody brought the cables issue up, there
are certain people/group will jump in and tried to tell these people they
were wrong!

I just don't get it? Why are they do that?

Because they *were* wrong? :-)

This is a free world, and thanks God we are in a free world.

Indeed - everyone is free to have the right to be wrong. Of course,
everyone else has the right to *tell* them that they are wrong. Ain't
freedom of speech a bitch? :-)

We have the
right to proclaim our own personal experience. By saying this cable is
better than the others, or this cable sounds better than that one would
not hurt and cannot not hurt anyone. I mean, if somebody did not agree
with that, just let it be. Why do you want to apply your proclaim to
someone else?

I canna' change the laws o' physics, cap'n....................

Personally, I absolutely didnot agree that expensive speaker cables WILL
give you better sound than cheaper speaker cables. But depends on the
material it is using, there is/are difference,

Actually no, it doesn't make any difference at all.

it is just a matter of you
want to spend an extra few hundred dollars in return to that kind of
difference(s), some said yes, some said no. Just like, can you tell the
difference between a 14AWG and 12AWG? If yes, is it worth to spend that
extra money to get that difference?

Speaking of interconnect, it is a difference story, I personally
experience significally difference among coaxial cable, pure copper
cable, silver cable, and silver/copper hybrid cable. And once again, if
anyone doesn't agree with that, I'm sorry, but you can't say I'm wrong
because that is my experience.

We can however say that there is no difference in the physical world,
and that you would understand this if you tried a DBT. We can say
this, because we have been there, done that, and have a wardrobe full
of T-shirts.

It is very subjective I know, but when the
world of audiophile still cannot agree on when subjective listening rule
or objective testing rule, I think I'm happy with that.

I remember once my professor told me that: Engineer should be the most
open minded professional among all, without that open minded, the world
will not and cannot progress.

Keep that in mind.

We do. Intriguingly, it is *always* the 'subjectivists' who wish to
ignore physical evidence, and to shut up those who disagree with them.
I believe that tells its own story......................