David E. Bath

Default Sorry for this (was Comments regarding: Cables, Hearing, Stuff!!)

I accidentially posted this rejection message.

I want to sincerely apologize for posting this private message
between Renaud and Tom. It will not happen again.

In article ,
Renaud Dreyer writes:
Le mercredi, 7 avr 2004, à 17:21 US/Pacific, Nousaine a écrit :

Stewart Pinkerton
wrote:

On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 17:54:38 GMT,
(Michael
Scarpitti) wrote:

I have purchased a few cables over the years, including
some that were custom-trimmed. I compared several of these cables at
one point and found no discernible differences. Then I tried a much
costlier cable (Monster brand) and it stood out from the others. The
differences were subtle, but the bass seemed tighter and the treble
cleaner. The frequency extremes, in other words, stood out from the
cheaper cable.

Try that when you don't *know* what's connected. You've never actually
done this, have you?

Those who claim that there are no differences must be using crummy
sources or transducers.

I wondered how long it would take you to get round to that old
strawman. That's pretty much the only reason why I still own a 'high
end' vinyl rig, a Krell amp and Apogee speakers..........

Well, maybe not the speakers! :-)

That is often the final argument; "When you fail to hear these obvious
improvements in sound it's because your records aren't good enough,
your
hearing isn't good enough or ..... your equipment isn't good enough."
The
Grandaddy is "You obviously dfon't care enough about music." It
always comes
out eventually. Instead of supplying credible evidence a skeptic is
dismissed
for not being a good-enough "audiophile" or not believing hard enough.

Dear r.a.h-e contributor,

Thank you for submitting your post to the newsgroup. However, the
information/opinions that you provide in your article has been posted
before. Therefore, in the interest of bandwidth conservation, I would
appreciate it if you could resubmit your article with some additional,
new material. Thanks and regards,

Renaud Dreyer
r-a.h-e moderating team