Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

Default Sony Home Theater - Sound to TV?

On Monday, February 2, 2015 at 4:42:36 PM UTC-5, Boris wrote:
I don't know too much about this stuff, so I could really use some
helpful information...

My dad left me a (circa 2010?) mid-range, 5.1 Sony home theater
system/receiver, and a Sony Bravia 40" TV. Both have the three standard
connections, HDMI, A/V, and component. I wanted to watch a DVD, but
didn't want to hook up any of the Sony speakers, but rather use the TV
for sound instead.

I connected the two with an HDMI cable, with A/V cables, and with
component cables, and I got picture but no sound, even though A/V and
component both had connections that were labeled as audio out.

Should I have been able to listen to DVD sound over the TV speakers? I
read the home theater's owner's manual, but it said nothing about
listening to sound through the TV.

TIA

Not into that stuff, but he
http://www.audioholics.com/

.... they have a free forum where you can asks those questions...

And if you see Gene (President) there, tell him Jack says hello!!!

Jack