Fill X

Default Neumann KM84

I don't know from 'accurate'... it's not what I do. I have found the Gefell
295
and the T.H.E. KP-6M to be my current favorites for acoustic guitars... but
for
all I know we're looking for very different results when recording acoustic
guitars.

Ah, a pet peeve of mine. I rarely hear a recording of an acoustic guitar
anymore where you hear whole instrumen;, rattles, strings and body etc. The
glossy high end sheen with the body rolled out of it has been really dominant
on records for many years and I can't stand it. What's worse is that many
guitar makers are trying to build more toward that sound, using thin tops
thatsound good right out of the box and buckle if you play them hard.

I miss acoustic guitars sounds like the ones on "Beggars Banquet" or even "The
times they are a changin' ", but I guess that kind of sound is another thing
that's "Unacceptable" these days.

P h i l i p

"I'm too ****ing busy and vice-versa"

- Dorothy Parker