Posted to rec.audio.tech
andrew_h

Default IR wireless h'phones picking up radio station!?

A really strage occurance happened the other day ... I'm sure someone
here will know why this happened, but I didnt expect it.

I was watching TV, listening through my wireless IR headphones....got
up to get a drink, walked over to the kitchen (about 5m from IR
receiver)... obviously cause it wasnt in line with the receiver, there
was crackling and no sound from the TV. I went to get a towel from a
drawer under the oven and microwave, and to my amazement suddenly
started hearing some music. It sounded like indian music - I live in
Australia. The crackling sound went completely soft and this music
played (only in that one spot, when bent to the bottom level of the
oven.)

Why would this have happened ??!?! The phones are IR too ..... not RF.
???