Marcin Slawicz

Uzytkownik "Patrick Turner" napisal w wiadomosci
*** Snip ***

Williamson had a lot of very bright ideas, many of which were ignored
by the makers of so many compromised amps after 1950.

Patrick Turner.

Thanks Patrick for your great explanation. I was familiar with White's
article and really resisted some statements I found there. There is quite a
number of misguiding articles regarding the Williamson amplifier on the web,
and because of my nearly no-experience in tube electronics, I am not always
sure what true and what false is.
If you don't mind, please take a look at my first tube project I am
assembling these days
(http://www.echostar.pl/~slawicz/conc...oncertino8.htm). The site is in
polish and it's not completed yet, but you'll find the schematic there.
The biggest difference between Williamson's amplifier and my one are
(despite the UL output stage) the constant current draw first two stages in
Aikido style described many times by John Broskie in TubeCad Journal
(http://www.tubecad.com/april99/page6.html). I hope it will work properly.
The simulation shows about 14 dB better PS noise and ripple rejection
comparing to typical Williamson front end.
Best regards,
Marcin