Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default water protection for Sony DVD505 handycam

In article ,
sillyputty wrote:
We're going on a whale watching cruise next month and I want to take
my Sony DVD505 Handycam. I've searched for housings, but it's
discontinued. Any recommendations? Can I jerryrig something? It will
not be going underwater. Thanks.

How about an Ewa-marine bag? They aren't good for more than brief submersion
but they're a lot cheaper than a housing.

Most of the housings out there that I see are custom jobs and are very
cumbersome to use out of the water where you don't have flotation holding
them up.

Worst case you pack it in gelatin like a bolex...