Posted to rec.audio.tech
Per Stromgren

Default How safe operating an amp with no fuse?

On 24 Jan 2006 11:55:29 -0800, wrote:

What I'm still unsure about is:

- What is the exact risk involved of changing the rating of a fuse (in
my case, 1.6a 125v for a 500mA 250v)?

- What is the exact risk involved in using solder wire instead of the
original fuse and its filament wire? (Seems to me the solder would burn
at an even lower temperature,

- Would a transformer damaged by the absence of the original fuse be
audibly apparent before leaking currents and creating a risk of shock?

It seems that you do not know why fuses are used and how they work.
Both my early teen kids know. You must either be a troll, less than
13, or very ignorant.

If you really, really, are serious (which most of doubt, it seems) you
can read about it he
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homep...tt/elect16.htm

Per.