Posted to rec.audio.tech

Default How safe operating an amp with no fuse?

wrote:
Best if your in the house when the thing goes up.
You can get your Darwin award....putz.

Bravo! You've proven that you can read the print on a circuit board.
Which is ALL you've proven. You don't even know what conditions would
cause an amp to burst into flames, or how this is even possible, given
that there is NOTHING FLAMMABLE INSIDE THE AMP. You're obviously to
stupid to even think about the conditions of what I described, before
posting your idiotic knee jerk response. Lets see you try and explain
how a piece of open silver solder wire melting is any more dangerous
than a piece of filament wire melting in a glass fuse, when either of
the two are broken due to a short in the amps circuitry? I didn't think
you could explain that, since you are but one more example of your
mindless weak thinking ilk.

Man, if evil be the food of genius, there aren't too many demons around
here...