Arny Krueger

Default Bi-wiring - Hogwash?

"flint" wrote in message

Though I agree with the premise about bi-wiring, the idea that nothing
exists that cannot be measured is dead wrong.

Remember this is the 21st century. Arguments based on the previous
millennium are declared obsolete.

Humans didn't have the ability to measure the curve of the surface of
the Earth until the Arabs did it in the early dark ages. Does that
mean the world was flat until they figured out how to measure it???

Obsolete argument.

We need to present a good logical argument to defend the fact that
bi-wiring doesn't do anything.

Wrong, that would be an attempt to prove a negative, which is always
difficult or impossible. No, the challenge has to be turned around. We need
a good logical argument or well-done listening test that shows that
bi-wiring does something worthwhile, or at least barely audible.

Bi-wiring doesn't do nothing, it merely does very little. We know exactly
what it does, and that can easily be compared to what we know about the
audibility of Just Noticeable Differences. Unless the speaker wire is so
small that its stupid, whatever biwiring does is too small to matter.