Posted to rec.audio.tech,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design
john john is offline

Default Convention for naming for audio adaptors and leads

On Wed 25-Mar-2009 18:06, Michael A. Terrell
wrote:

john wrote:

RCA probably developed several connectors. If one says "RCA"
then I imagine that is just a short form of "RCA phono".

Then show us another connector from RCA that became common
as dirt.

That's my point too! .... that the "RCA phono" connector was so
common that it could be called "RCA" almost unambiguously.

On the other hand, "RCA" probably wouldn't be the correct formal
name if there were other RCA connectors.