Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Crosstalk in snake cable that include speaker cables and miccables

On 6/8/2018 9:25 PM, Trevor wrote:
Since it is difficult/expensive to calibrate either, you are probably
just as well off using your ears and making a guess.

It's difficult to calibrate to the standards required by the Music
Police for writing tickets, but with a loudspeaker, pink noise source,
and a hardware SPL meter (all of which I have) you can make a rough
calibration that will be good enough to let you know, after listening
all day and your ears are getting dull, if things are getting too loud.
The AudioControl app (that doesn't work on my present phone) tracked my
calibrated SPL meter quite well.

I can calibrate any of the other SPL phone apps at a single point and
they're repeatable at that SPL, but because the AGC isn't disabled,
lower levels are boosted and higher levels are sat on before they get to
the meter app, so everything comes out at about the same reading. The
Kewelsoft SPL meter app allows you to calibrate it at three points and
it creates a calibration curve, but that doesn't help in this situation.

--
"Today's production equipment is IT based and cannot be operated without
a passing knowledge of computing, although it seems that it can be

Drop by http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com now and then