Mike Rivers

Default Why does one Neumann M49 has less high end than the other? Can I fix it

In article writes:

We are talking about 8db in level less than the other.

That's a significant level difference. I don't know if there are any
jumpers to select the output level/impedance (I'd expect them to be in
the power supply) in the M49, but if there are, that could explain a
difference on that order. Have you tried comparing the mics when
connected to the same power supply (not at the same time, of course)?
That might tell you whether the difference is in the microphone
assembly or the power supply.

And I found that if I boost 15kHz (bell) by 3-4db on an G SSL EQ (HMF x3) I
get a similar sound.

That's a substantial boost, but out where the mic's response starts to
drop off. Still, I'd be concerned.

Have you mentioned this to your dealer? What does he have to say?

--
I'm really Mike Rivers - )