Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Need CLIPS for pairs of audio faders: Scott, Mike, others?

wrote:

Most of my Directors are just average townies: retired police officer,
retired accountant, nurse, janitor, wedding video guy, but one of them
is manager of a regional news network, and he has very strong tecnical
opinions. The 32-in Mackie was purchased from his network, at his
urging (which now has an intermittent left channel dropout, and some
really hinky faders and buttons). When he techno-speaks, all of the
others are wowed, and I have to accommodate that. Worst thing is that
he leads me in some direction, I do the research, then he changes his
mind and humiliates me for looking in that direction!

See, in that kind of situation I'd talk with him and ask him if he can
get his network take the flaky console back.

When you buy junk, you just have to buy something else a little bit down
the road, and people need to know that. It helps if you describe it as
"the Yugo of mixing consoles."

=A0 =A0The dowel/pencil idea was one of the things I was looking for. Th=

at
=A0 =A0just might work.
Yep, just might, I"ve seen it used for this before.

Somehwere I saw some (custom-made, I guess) metal screwed-on clips.

I have seen 'em in a bunch of places. You can make your own, it won't
cost a lot and it can work very well. I have also seen some that were
whittled out of basswood.