Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] blackburst@aol.com is offline

Default Need CLIPS for pairs of audio faders: Scott, Mike, others?

Wow, I stepped on a nerve.

I do appreciate the advice (I respect Scott, that's why I asked for
him in the title.) I did take Scott's advice and looked up broadcast
boards. I found them very expensive, and lacking in some of the
features common to rec/live mixers. (At my news network job, I use a
Wheatstone D9 - very cool, but way too expensive.) As I say, I've been
burned on used stuff, some of it serious broadcast gear. It's hard to
get past that.

As for cost, it is hard to sell my Board of Directors on an $8k board
when they say "You can buy a big board for $2k!"

The dowel/pencil idea was one of the things I was looking for. That
just might work.

And yes, I do check mono compatibility! I came into TV from the audio
world about 25 years ago.

Just asking for info. No need to bite my head off. Yes, I run an
access corp, but I work in grownup TV, too.