Steven Sullivan

Jenn wrote:
Chung: I might be wrong, I guess, but it seems like such display of
technical
cluelessness is so much more common among those who prefer vinyl to CD.

I might be wrong too, I guess, but it seems like those who are more
into technical details and measurements don't talk much about music.

I can reduce your uncertainty: you *are* wrong.
If this were a music discussion group, we'd talk
about music, not audio gear and sound reproduction.
Similarly, TAS and Stereophile
mainly write about components, and about the *sound* of recordings,
not about the music itself.

I'm wondering about where this descussion leads. Isn't the goal in
this hobby to enjoy music in one's home? If a person has heard good CD
and good LP and enjoys either one more, what's the point of discussion?

The point in this case was to correct yet widespread
misinformation about audio,
such as the utter nonsense written about digital in the post Chung
replied to.

Do you think that I'll enjoy music in my home more if I listen
exclusively to CDs? Just points to ponder.....

For all we know, you might enjoy listening to it over a tin can
connected to a wire. Which would be fine. But if you then started
making preposterous *claims* about the way technology works, or
about other audio technologies, you could expect to be corrected.

--
-S
It's not my business to do intelligent work. -- D. Rumsfeld, testifying