chung wrote:
wrote:

Contrary to urban myth, it has very little to
do with the quality of your vinyl replay gear - once above the

most
basic level, the quality is limited by the *vinyl*, not the TT,

arm
or
cart.

Complete nonsense. The same record played on better vinyl equipment
will sound better all the way up to SOTA gear. The quality of vinyl
playback has a great deal to do with the quality of the gear used.

Many
people when exposed to better vinyl playback are completely

surprised
by the vast improvements and often come to understand the

preference
for vinyl playback back numerous hard core audiophiles hold.

Does that mean that as you get closer and closer to SOTA vinyl
equipment, you get more and more accurate reproduction from the same
record?

well tell me what you mean by "accurate reproduction of the record
first" A record is a piece of plastic with a groove sut into it. The
record is not reproduced in playback.

Do different SOTA equipment sound the same to you

No. Not the same.

(and they
can't be different if they are all accurate)?

Again accurate to what? To the vinyl? That doesn't make sense. To the
signal that fed the cuttter head? That would be a complicated question
then which involves the combined sonic signature that the cutting
lathe/ molding and pressing proccess, turntable/arm/ cartidge equipment
and setup and preamp. One can talk about the accuracy of this
comination since it begins with and ends with an analog electrical
signal of the same source.

You think yours and, say,
Mr Lavo's vinyl systems sound the same?

I doubt it.

Or do they sound different, and,
in that case, how do you know which one is more accurate?

Again acurate to what?

Do you go by
the price tag?

Yeah, the cat is out of the bag. I go by the price tag. Can you manage
to not be so insulting, ever?

How do you know a vinyl system is SOTA?

How do I know? I don't "know." I have opinions. They are based on
listening to live music and playback.

Scott Wheeler