chung

Jocelyn Major wrote:

I think you did'nt understand my point at all ( Or I was not clear
enought in my explanation). I used to prefer the sound of cd until I get
myself a better turntable. I try to understand why the sound of an
analog device was way better than the sound of a digital one and I got
it when I think about the nature of frequency wave. Each wave is formed
with curves. The analog sound will reproduce the wave in a natural way.
Now try to do the same with digital it is simply not possible to have a
perfect curve.It is like to try to build a curved wall with bricks: You
can use hundred of thousand or millions of bricks you will never get a
perfect curve. Its is that simple.

What is really simple is that you need to understand how digital audio
works before you try to provide technical reasons for your preference.
Start out by reading up on the sampling theorem. It is not intuitive at
all, but if you have some calculus knowledge, you can follow the proof.

I might be wrong, I guess, but it seems like such display of technical
cluelessness is so much more common among those who prefer vinyl to CD.