Chung

Joakim Wendel wrote:
That NAIM CD is excellent i believe...
=20
Still i will not accept Vinyl (the records) being a worse media than CD=

=20
but agree that the playback units all have different flaws EXCACTLY as =

does the CD medium.

Your sentence above does not make sense. How can the playback units all=20
have different flaws EXACTLY as does the CD medium?

Are you comparing playback units vs CD medium? That's obviously a=20
meaningless comparison. Or are you really comparing vinyl vs CD as=20
media? How can the vinyl have different flaws EXACTLY as CD? Very=20
confusing. BTW, what are the flaws of the CD medium?

=20
The thing with vinyl is all older really good recordings still are no=20
less than great on a good vinyl - You NEED a really good player to enjo=

y=20
this if you are the little bit sensitive.

You seem to be saying that a good vinyl recording will sound good, if=20
the recording is good and played on good vinyl equipment. Not sure if=20
that's worth pointing out...

=20
The thing with CD is that there are zillions of STINKING recordings out=

=20
and LOTS of great ones too but you NEED a really good CD-player to=20
enjoy if You are the little bit sensitive for the typical CD flaws.

OK, are you saying that CD as a medium has flaws because of the zillions =

of STINKING recordings out there? You seem to be confusing the=20
capability of a medium with bad recordings.

And isn't it true that there are also zillions of STINKING vinyl=20
recordings out there? That and poorly manufactured vinyl discs?

=20
Lets say we have a recording that is fantastic, (mastered for vinyl and=

=20
another master for CD) the Vinyl will display the flaws that are the=20
special weak spot of vinyl and the CD will maybe, maybe, maybe display =

the special weak spot typical for CD.

What in your opinion is maybe "the special weak spot typical for CD"?
=20
I'd be happy with a NAIM CD-player and my Linn LP12 and a ELP for some =

records... A REALLY happy listener of music!
2 =E9=A1=A4en
J.
=20

Perhaps all you were trying to say is that there are good recordings and =

there are bad recordings.