Chung

"Uptown Audio" wrote in message
No doubt that many digital devices sound similar as they operate with
similar principals to a standard. Lp's are not cut to that standard
and can sound better or worse depending upon a lot of variables. So if
consistency is what you are after, then stick with your CD player. It
may be consistently bad, but that's just fine with me as it is your
decision and does not effect mine.

You sound like the guy that wanted an accurate clock, but didn't have a
standard to compare them to. So he set 5 different clocks to the same time.
When he came back a month later, 4 of the 5 were within a minute of each
other, but the 5th one was 6 minutes faster. Should he buy the 5th one?
It's possible that the 5th clock was spot one, and the other 4 were all 5
minutes slow. Consistency does not guarantee accuracy--but that's the way
to bet!

Norm Strong

Yeah, but the 5th clock, the one that is off from others, feels so much
more like a real clock, and its time is so much closer to our memory of
what time it should be...