Uptown Audio

No. I am not arguing anything; that's your trip. I am just explaining
my listening habits and informing Mr Chung that I have my own
experiences and preferences.
-Bill
www.uptownaudio.com
Roanoke VA
(540) 343-1250

"Stewart Pinkerton" wrote in message
On 30 Apr 2005 23:19:31 GMT, Uptown Audio
wrote:

There is no reason to change it...

Even for one that works? :-)

Interesting that you completely refuse to answer the points being
made
by Chung and others. Could this deperate defence of so-called
'high-end' audio electronics have some relation to the fact that you
sell it for a living?

Yes. It's true that the higher the rate, the better the sound,
but
I only burn CD's uncompressed. I don't do that very often as I
have enough to just carry the ones I want about without worry
for
copies. I actually own two copies of many. I don't know, i
suppose
I like the artwork as much as the disc itself, so I would rather
have a complete set than a stack of discs or a hard drive full
of
MP3s. Many kids (young and old!) like to store music files but I
just say gimme an Lp, gimme a CD, or get outta here! It is
amazing
to me how people can spend hours at a computer making their
music
sound worse for convenience, yet they can't get off the couch to
plop on another disc! Get some excercise, - get up and grab a
beer!
-Bill
www.uptownaudio.com
Roanoke VA
(540) 343-1250

Actually I was only trying to help you determine whether your
finding that "mp3s sound terrible" is true when the encoding is at
high bit rates. It seems like you have your mind made up, and
don't
really want to change it. Fine.