chung

Uptown Audio wrote:
Thanks, but I don't need to read about what to do as I have already
done it. I was listening to an Lp last night that sounds "better" than
its CD counterpart. I have quite a nice Lp playback system, but it is
not really anything outrageous. I also have a very nice CD playback
system. I have even been into audio for many years and have owned more
types and models of equipment than many people have seen or knew
existed. Give me some credit for experience.
You may prefer digital formats and that's fine, just don't try to
belittle my findings and suggest that only yours are valid. I enjoy
both analog sound and uncompressed digital sound and don't feel a need
to go about and attempt to influence people's preferences. My position
is not to try and "prove" anything, but to enjoy music. I'll enjoy it
the way that it suits me best, thank you.
-Bill
www.uptownaudio.com
Roanoke VA
(540) 343-1250

"chung" wrote in message

Uptown Audio wrote:

Yes. It's true that the higher the rate, the better the sound, but
I only burn CD's uncompressed. I don't do that very often as I have
enough to just carry the ones I want about without worry for
copies. I actually own two copies of many. I don't know, i suppose
I like the artwork as much as the disc itself, so I would rather
have a complete set than a stack of discs or a hard drive full of
MP3s. Many kids (young and old!) like to store music files but I
just say gimme an Lp, gimme a CD, or get outta here! It is amazing
to me how people can spend hours at a computer making their music
sound worse for convenience, yet they can't get off the couch to
plop on another disc! Get some excercise, - get up and grab a beer!
-Bill
www.uptownaudio.com
Roanoke VA
(540) 343-1250

Actually I was only trying to help you determine whether your finding
that "mp3s sound terrible" is true when the encoding is at high bit
rates. It seems like you have your mind made up, and don't really want
to change it. Fine.