duskb

Default Can ears literally bleed from loud noise?

(Jesse Skeens) wrote in message . com...

LOL. Well its only happened a few times and yes obviously
I was a little excessive. From what I understand the skin
on the inner ear is very thin/fragile so it can happen
even without much provocation.

I have been a bit hard on my ear canal before too. On more than one
occasion tearing the lining of the canal. It did bleed and healed over
subsequently. Both times it was related to aggressive scratching with
a Q-tip (but it FEELS so GOOD!!).

The doctors advice of "Never stick anything in your ear bigger than
your elbow" is really good advice. Fortunately my ears have healed up
fine. I doubt the bleeding he experienced was related to high SPL
monitoring. I have never heard of that happening....

----
Dusk Bennett
Producer/Engineer
Stigmata Recorders