Mike Rivers

In article writes:

My only problem is that I have abnormally small ears and ear canals, and
after a while, my earplugs start to hurt.

I too have small canals..got the soft silicone molds and they are better.

I've never tried custom molded plugs. Every ear plug I've tried
has become uncomfortable too soon. I keep flashing my Media badge at
NAMM shows and try to mooch a free set of custom plugs from one of the
vendors, assuring them that if the plugs are really comfortable, I'll
sing their praises to the sky, but so far, no takers. I guess there's
enough good publicity already so that they don't need any more
business.

In the mean time, I just use the roll-and-shove foam plugs and try to
get away from the noise as soon as possible.

--
I'm really Mike Rivers )