Jay Levitt

In article , blckout420
@aol.com says...
I have these plugs, and all three filters. They still suck. They work much
better for drummers than they do for guitarists, but singing with them is
downright hard.

Yep.. I had the same problem with mine. A good audiologist will measure
the occlusion and adjust the length to minimize it, but there's a
compromise between occlusion and sound transmission, and you don't want
leaks!

Also, when it comes down to it, you are now hearing more of yourself
through bone conduction, and less of yourself through air, and that's
going to sound different, like you're underwater. Only a bone
replacement can fix that.

As another poster mentioned, the in-ear monitor "filter" can be useful
here. You might also be able to sing with only one in. And as my
audiologist (who's also a musician) mentioned, a lot of it is just
getting used to the way you sound with them in, adjusting your
intonation.

--
Jay Levitt |
Wellesley, MA | Hi!