Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Which do you prefer?

"Nate Najar" skrev i en meddelelse

Which do you prefer and why?

3, 1, 2. Sequence of sounding like I think your guitar sounds. Weighted in
favour of correct scratch and finger noises. 1 is too bassy and 3 has metal
wound strings sounding like they were made of brittle plastic.

So far so good, but before someone says "slamming", no, the question is what
works with the guitar in question, 3 would probably suit a Levin very very
well and 1 might be the favoured one for a steel string guitar or dobro.
None of the microphones are bad, 3 just suits this instrument very well.

3 mics, all more or less in the same spot approximately 28"
in front of my guitar. The files are 24 bit 48k mono and
unprocessed.

Average level should have been aligned. Didn't bother, but it is a possible
source of error.

Then I'll tell you which mics they are.

Waiting and chancing saying 3 = Schoeps, 1 = Neumann and 2 = 4011, risking
ridicule, but we need to talk audio here.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen