Posted to rec.audio.pro
Gray_Wolf Gray_Wolf is offline

Default Which do you prefer?

On Tue, 30 Sep 2014 12:46:39 -0700 (PDT), Nate Najar
wrote:

Which do you prefer and why?

3 mics, all more or less in the same spot approximately 28" in front of my guitar. The files are 24 bit 48k mono and unprocessed. I will say that with very minimal EQ I was able to make them all sound extremely similar. Similar enough that any of the three would be acceptable.

The room is reasonably neutral, but ultimately not the same room in which I would be doing any serious recording. It is my mix room and so some of the ambient sound you hear is the fan from the computer.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mbvo0s5xu...vnwhhxFwa?dl=0

Then I'll tell you which mics they are.

They sound similar. FWIW Here's my take:

# 3 first choice. Has best balance and sound

# 1 Second choice. Bottom seems slightly heavy

# 2 Last choice. A bit thin.

Gray_