Chris Hornbeck

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 07:50:00 +0000 (UTC), Stewart Pinkerton
wrote:

845's and now this? Sure you're not suffering from (what's
the name of that syndrome where the captive starts to
sympathize with the captors?) syndrome? Arf!

No, I just suffer from logic, and a lack of bigotry.

I'm a big fan of 845's; they solve a lot of speaker problems,
which are much more intractible. 211's have even better curves,
and three in parallel make 50 watts without grid current,
and into an almost-practical 5K ohm load.

Why not incorporate the required
"line" stage and volume control? Seeing these three things
together allows better choices for all and can minimize
the number of components in the signal path.

It's a pot and a switch - what's to design?

Everything's to design, mon.

It's not like we're working to end world hunger here.
Shouldn't we be discussing arcania and trivial mysteries
beyond the ken of mere mortals? Hobbies should be
enjoyable and stimulating, but so often over Usenet
degenerate into old-lady bickering. I know you're
above that, so I feel confident in posting this plea in
your thread.

And to answer your question, the connection between the
"line" stage and the "output" stage can be simplified if
they're physically close (same box). Simpler is betterer.

Chris Hornbeck
"I just don't think it's right to have a club like this.
It ain't in the Bible," said Gary Colwell, 18, a brick mason
who grew up in the area. "We see them walking around holding
hands, and it makes everybody feel uncomfortable."