Sofie

Default Shure M91ED Phono Cartridge Specs

Mark D. Zacharias:
You are absolutely correct. The price that one pays will be the key.
The original stylus for this very fine cartridge was a .2 x .7 mil
elliptical......
so it won't be cheap. If they can be found for anything less than
about $20 or $25 or so one can just about be "sure" that it is not an
original "Shure" unless one can get a great deal on EBay or something.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in message
If you do, make certain it's original Shure. Even in the old days there

were
lots of fakes around. Nowadays they are the rule rather than the

exception.

Mark Z.

I was thinking
of buying a replacement before these things go extinct.

"Arthur Dunger" wrote in message
Hi,

The cantilever is rubber mounted, I bet, and old is not good. Hard,
brittle, edgy, might be better descriptions.

Mine still sounds OK. The stylus was replaced in the 80's. I was

thinking
of buying a replacement before these things go extinct.

Rob