Ty Ford

Default Mic Questions

In Article znr1069379915k@trad, (Mike Rivers) wrote:

In article EFcvb.109$Yt4.31@lakeread05

writes:

Am I even pointing in the right direction here - that is, am I looking in
the
wrong place for a bigger sound? Is adding another mic to the mix (one
that will surely give more depth to my sound) the right way to approach
the problem or is this just a matter of getting the mix right?

Generally when people want a "bigger" sound, they want to hear
something on the recording that isn't there on the guitar. A mic won't
help.

With the exception of a Schoeps cmc641 and a few others I'm sure I haven't
heard yet. Even it won't save a tragically unrecordable guitar.

Regards,

Ty Ford

**Until the worm goes away, I have put "not" in front of my email address.
Please remove it if you want to email me directly.
For Ty Ford V/O demos, audio services and equipment reviews,
click on
http://www.jagunet.com/~tford