ScotFraser

Default Neumann KM84

The KM 184 was introduced
five years after the KM 140 and matches it completely in terms of sound
and specifications, except for the "interchangeable / separable active
capsule" feature of the KM 100 series which the KM 180 mikes don't have.

Let's settle this once & for all. Somebody in LA with KM184s (Ben?) should come
over here & put them up next to a pair of my KM140s, plugged into identical
channels of Focusrite pre & we'll listen & see if there is any discernible
difference. I've only used 184s in PA situations & not had my 140s along to
compare. Can we do this, somebody?

Scott Fraser