Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Gorging on Sound

Gary Eickmeier wrote:
No - I am not talking about matrixed DPL surround, I am doing discrete DTS
surround sound, which needs a modern digital receiver or processor that can
convert the DTS signal into the surround channels. Most home theater systems
should be able to handle it. I'm thinking the beauty of it is that I can
easily share my recordings with others cheaply and easily on CD discs. These
discs are NOT playable on an ordinary CD player. They would sound like white
noise if they weren't put thru a DTS decoder.

I haven't found a Dolby Digital 5.1 encoder yet, so this will have to do.

Try Diskwelder Bronze, which should allow you to create a DVD-A with linear
PCM surround tracks. Not much money either.

They also sell some AC3 encoding software, but it's a lot more money, and why
encode if you don't have to?