Chad Wahls

Default Problem with Kenwood KDC-MP625 shutting off

"Wildcard" wrote in message
Hello,
Yesterday I bought a Kenwood KDC-MP625 at Best Buy and had it installed.

On
my way home, it shut off unexpectedly, so I went back. All the tech had to
do was reset it, but he couldnt find what caused the problem. He checked

all
the fuses and tested the wires, so it wasnt an install problem. This

problem
also occured with my factory radio, where it would shut off if it got too
loud.

You just nailed it! Are the speakers running off the deck power amp? If so
then the unit is protecting itself as the saturn one was probably doing.
Those tracks may be up there and highly compressed and you may not be
hearing that the amp is clipping so bad that the DC fault protection is
kicking in. The unit shuts itself off because it thinks it's broken and is
keeping the tech at the bench happy. Try considering adding an amp to the
other speakers and see if the problem goes away.

Chad