Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio
Rob[_3_] Rob[_3_] is offline

Default Here we go again!

Mr.T wrote:
"Rob" wrote in message
My take is that they PREFER the so called "euphonic distortions",

Prefer the sound, OK. I think you just have to take a deep breath,
relax, and get over it.

And IF they did, these debates would have finished 25 years ago.
Some people still listen to wax cylinders, without needing to "prove" they
are better than CD

but can't
possibly accept the fact that they may PREFER something not actually as
technically accurate.

I don't think 'they' know or care, in general.

And the ones that don't DO NOT post their opinions here obviously.

Mmm. Not sure what you mean. I know that I generally prefer the sound of
vinyl. I don't know why it sounds better than, say, CD. And I post here.

They then have to come up with stupid explanations
plausible to themselves,

Really? Again, generally people just prefer the sound. The 'why' isn't
particularly important. Knowing why might be interesting, but it's
hardly requisite.

Sure it is when they are claiming to the world that their *preference* is
technically superior, when all proof is to the contrary.

I don't think anyone on this NG (or elsewhere, come to that) has the
ability to *prove* the inherent technical superiority of one over the
other. It depends on your definition of 'technical', and the
significance of that definition when it comes to the sound. I think.

Rob