Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.tubes,uk.rec.audio
Keith G Keith G is offline

Default Here we go again!

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..
"Keith G" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..
"Keith G" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..
"Keith G" wrote in message

My take is that now that the DJ-driven demand for vinyl is falling
off, and
sales are already dropping preciptiously, the hype will trail off.

No Arny, you've got that all wrong (unless you are
*distorting* again which, of course, is highly
likely) - it's CDs that are disappearing rapidly.

Not in terms of sales percentages.

No? I would have thought a fall in sales revenue of
19.8% in just three months was a pretty good indicator:

OK Keith, so you can't tell the difference between a
sales percentage for vinyl, and an indicator of an
ongoing transition from one form of digital media to
another form of digital media.

Not my problem!

I think it is, unless you are deliberately
obfuscating/distorting or, as others imply, failing to
read properly or grasp the meaning of my post - my point
was that it is CDs which are disappearing and I provided
evidence.

I reproduced my OP on the topic above, and it doesn't even mention
CDs. Therefore Keith, your attempt to introduce CD sales, given that
CDs are a form of media that I didn't even mention, is an obvious
example of a red herring argument. It's just another one of your an
intentional attempt to mislead the discussion from its origional
intent.

When you deliberately crosspost into ukra you will get dragged anywhere
us ukranians want to take you. (It's hard, but then life *is* hard -
deal with it....)

AFAIAC and in context, my CD comment was a perfectly valid counter to
the immediately preceding remarks concerning vinyl. I neither know nor
care what was said in the OP - wherever it was and whenever was. (Tbh, I
have been blowing this thread en bloc and have only responded the the
old isolated remark that I have obviously found too difficult to
ignore.)

The original intent was to make the point that LP sales have dropped
preciptiously in the US in the past year - about 33%.

And this?

Just WTF has that to do with the price of pork chops in Saigon? Like,
who TF *cares* - It wouldn't even bother me if it was true for the UK!!

I wish a) these *transatlantic* crosspostings would end and b) I had the
willpower to resist them entirely...

(But I can't. I'll just have to try and live with it! :-))