Robert Morein

"Michael Mckelvy" wrote in message

"trotsky" wrote in message

The Stainless Steel Boob Orchestra wrote:
On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 21:26:02 GMT, trotsky wrote:

Bill McCullough wrote:

Are these things really as overpriced and under-engineered as

everyone
says they are? I see that they sell on Audiogon for around $450 a
pair, is the $1600 MSRP a scam?

Well, I was over at a guy's house today comparing them to his $16,000
Dunlavy SC-Vs. I liked the sound of the Europas better, and it wasn't
even as close as I thought it would be.

And what did the other guy think?

It was never discussed. There was a moment, it couldn't have been more
than a second, after the Dunlavys were reconnected where both of us were
in shock, but nothing was said after that.

That was probably his shock at your unbelievable gall in connecting such
**** to his system. :-(

He could be the only guy in the world who doesn't want to hurt Greg's
feelings.

Greg, he couldn't bear to tell you that they sound like mediocre little
speakers.