Mondoslug1

Default Rocktron Intellifex - help me identify detached inner piece

Eagle wrote:

I just sold a Rocktron Intellifex multi-effects (black-face) unit in mint
condition. The buyer received the unit and said that there was something
rattling around inside the unit. I asked him to open the lid and check it
out. He says that there is a clear plastic piece, flat, about 3/4" X 3/4",
that is completely detached... so he removed it. So now the goal is to
figure out what this flat plastic piece is, and where it belongs. The unit
is currently functioning perfectly. If it can be determined that this
plastic piece is not important, then he can just throw it away. Even for
those who may not be familiar with the Intellifex, can you perhaps identify
this piece? Might it be some type of common shield, or? I am not too
familiar with electronics, so I wouldn't know. I have seen some heat sinks
fall off on other units and know what they look like, but not sure what the
purpose of a flat thin clear plastic piece would be. If anyone happens to
have photos of the guts of a black-face Intellifex, I'd love to see them.
Thanks.

The Clear Plastic cover over the LED fell off on my Intellifex but those
weren't the dimensions.

Tunes at:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/5/andymostmusic.htm