Posted to rec.audio.high-end

Default Mind Stretchers

"Audio Empire" wrote in message

I'm sorry, but 'YOUR PAPER" about "YOUR THEORIES" does nothing to validate
them. It's like quoting the Holy Bible for scientific proof that God
exists.
The sources you quote, while they say nothing directly to refute your
theory,
they say nothing to support it either.

If you want to continue, you'll have to do better than that. And by the
way,
I think you'll find that you are "flailing a deceased equine" here. I've
certainly lost whatever small interest I've ever had in discussing this
subject further and I'm sure others have too. Why don't we move on to
another
subject. Take me out of the skillet, I'm done.

"You want the truth - you can't handle the truth!"

I think what I need to do is a website where I can include graphics,
references, pictures, maybe even some sort of sounds or test signals or
something. My main hangup has been the computer drawing programs. Very
difficult to slog through with my other things that I need to do for work.

I am heavily into photography, video, and audio recording. I think the audio
is the subject I am most jazzed about right now - going to an event,
recording it, and then authoring a CD in either stereo or surrround sound
and playing it on my big home system. Trying to learn how to author in DD
5.1 surround on discs that are playable on any home theater system. I have
also done concerts with HD video and stereo sound, recorded with proper
mikes up front and mixed double system with the video.

Thanks AE and everyone else for putting up with my attempt in RAHE to relate
a few things I have learned about stereo. I'm thinking maybe I should have
just stuck to my observations and not related it to the physics or reasons
for what I am hearing in my system. I was just trying to explain the general
case of sound in rooms and relate that to the live sound in a new way and
see what y'all thought about that approach.

TMI (!)

Gary Eickmeier