Posted to rec.audio.high-end

Default Mind Stretchers

"Sebastian Kaliszewski" wrote in message
Audio Empire wrote:

Please show me some formal studies that back up this "notion" because my
experience with home Hi-Fi tells me that this is wrong. You're going to
have to prove it with more than just endless reiteration

Excatly my issue with Mr Eickmeier's theory -- it lacks physical and
psychoacoustical explanation. And/Or a support off a set of properly
controlled listening tests (there is just one result and only against some
narrow set of speakers -- a set of Linkwitz Orions -- i.e. dipoles, and
some more-or-less generic set with some experimantal(?) digital room
correction).

This is misconceived badly enough to require a whole new thread. The
physical explanation is The Big Three. The psychoacoustic explanation is the
first thread, What Can We Hear? where I talked in great detail about the
major aspects of sound that we can hear, concluding that the spatial
characteristic is the main stumbling block and describing what we can hear
about a speaker/room interface.

Gary Eickmeier