Posted to rec.audio.car
ChrisB ChrisB is offline

Default 8" 10" or 12"...which one?

sims wrote:
what companies would you compare to JL? I was interested in them only
since the shop told me to go with them. I am not expierenced with
brands to quality in car audio, but I must say I was impressed with JL.
I was at another place tonight and they sell MTX, rockford, infinity,
and JBL. the salesman recommended the infinity, but also noted his car
is loaded with JL...

If you aren't going with a JL W6, W7, or TW5 series, I would recommend
the RE SE, Fi Q, or Zuki subs in lieu of JL Audio. If you really want
to spend some money, I would recommend the Image Dynamics IDMAX series.

I am not that anti-JL because I run a 13w6v2 in my 2006 Mustang. I also
have a pair of 10w3s that suck royally. Anyone that pays close to MSRP
for the w3 series is getting the biggest pile of crap that JL Audio
produces and the RE, Fi, and Zuki subs will walk all over them!

Check here for the subwoofers I am talking about:

http://reaudio.com/woofers.html#goto_se

https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraud...iew.shopscript

http://www.zukiaudio.com/

http://www.imagedynamicsusa.com/prod...hp?Family_Id=4

I will tell you the main reason I am anti-JL audio though.... That is
because every local custom shop pushes them and pushes them HARD! The
profit margins on JL Audio equipment in general are LARGE and everyone
who drinks the JL Audio kool aid swears that JL is the best, and JL is
far from it, especially for the price!