Novamusic

Default transporting good mics to/from location gigs

(hollywood_steve) wrote in message . com...
Now that my location recording work is becoming more frequent, little
logistical things are becoming more important, like transporting
microphones. For the simple stereo gigs, nothing could be easier than
packing up the single wood box containing the stereo pair. But what
about those gigs that require 6 or 8 microphones (or more)? Its swell
that every mic that sells for more than $299 these days seems to come
in a nice wood box, or at least a hard plastic case, but how do you
move 8 wood boxes around? I thought about buying a suitcase-sized

You said the right word, stop there. Suitcases. Hardshell old-school
type. A good-sized one should hold 6-8 mics in their original cases.
You can foam-line the suitcase, too. Probably $5-$10 at Goodwill or
similar.

Mikey