Posted to rec.audio.pro
mcp6453[_2_] mcp6453[_2_] is offline

Default Dynamic Mic Noise - Update

On 9/7/2018 8:47 PM, geoff wrote:

Could be from a laptop SMPS , especially if the noise problem is that it
is showing on a recording (rather than live). If on a recording only,
try the laptop on battery-only, to confirm.

I'm still not clear on the source of the noise. However, it's safe to
say that the noise is electromagnetic. I found a couple of like-new EV
N/D 767a mics at my local Guitar Center for $69 each, so I bought them.
They have humbucking coils in them and are totally quiet. Their sound
was also quite decent. They'll do until the broadcaster can spring for a
couple of Heil PR40s.