Posted to rec.audio.pro
Adrian Tuddenham[_2_] Adrian Tuddenham[_2_] is offline

Default Dynamic Mic Noise

mcp6453 wrote:

On 8/29/2018 2:30 PM, PStamler wrote:
It sound like your problem is not RFI (Radio Frequency Interference) but

EMI (Electro-Magnetic Interference) Another mic with a hum-bucking coil
is the Electro-Voice RE15/RE16 (same basic capsule, but the 16 has a pop
filter and a slightly brighter sound). But small transformerless
condensers (like Oktava MK012s) will ignore the noise too -- why exactly
do you prefer to use dynamics in this situation?

Peace,
Paul Stamler

By the way, I agree that it's probably EMI instead of RFI. Now if I can
just find my roll of mu-metal tape, I'll wrap the bodies of the mics.
Or, maybe I can turn the room into a Faraday cage.

Use the mic as a sensor and track down the source.

--
~ Adrian Tuddenham ~
www.poppyrecords.co.uk