Posted to rec.audio.pro
nickbatz nickbatz is offline

Default 12" passive radiator replacement?

I ended up buying a 2.1 'sound-bar' for my lounge TV everyday use,
because the sound on the TV purchased to replace a dead one was so poor

geoff

Same here, only it's 3.0 (no sub but a center speaker).

I used extreme critical golden ears technique when evaluating it, aka I bought the one that was the same brand as our TV sight unseen so I wouldn't have to phaff with yet another remote.

It's perfect for what it is.

Les Cargill wrote:

"I looked at subs for ... years. They're all but unbuyable."

The one I have is part of my Blue Sky System One, which consists of sealed sats + the subwoofer. It's very well integrated, unlike almost every other sub system I've hears.

There is one system that impressed the hell out of me: an $80 sub from Costco added to a pair of NS-10s. I'm not kidding! It helps that the guy who owns this setup is an absolutely amazing engineer.