Posted to rec.audio.high-end
~misfit~[_3_] ~misfit~[_3_] is offline

Default Introducing a New Horse to the Stable

On 20/09/2019 10:52 PM, ~misfit~ wrote:
On 17/09/2019 11:54 AM, Trevor Wilson wrote:
On 16/09/2019 11:01 pm, ~misfit~ wrote:
On 16/09/2019 9:53 PM, Trevor Wilson wrote:

**Sure. However, make certain the drive circuitry can cope.

I'm not exactly sure of how to do that?

**You need to examine the drive circuitry, the components used and then calculate if those
components can cope with the extra load caused by extra MOSFETs. It will PROBABLY be OK, but I
don't know.

I intend to use the system in my lounge so won't want crazy SPLs, the speakers likely wouldn't
handle that much power anyway. I actually do have two of the toroids but that would make for a
big amplifier case - and surely then I'd need to consider adding *two* more pairs of output
MOSFETs per amplifier?

Â*Â* [ Massively pruned of old quotes because your mod just
Â*Â*Â*Â* couldn't take it any more. --dsrÂ*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* ]

Thanks. I actually seriously considered doing the same but, as a relative newbie here didn't want
to upset any pie-carts.

[ Always feel free to trim quotes in your reply down to
the points you are actively addressing. Usenet is
archived all over the world, it's really easy to
reconstruct threads. --dsr ]

--
Shaun.

in the DSM"