Mark Zarella

Default your Car Amplifier advice, please!

This brings me to my point, Different levels, crossover points, bass
boost,
distortion and whatever else may factor in. The point is that this guy is
hearing differences in these amplifiers.

Right. Then the solution to his problem is: buy a bigger amp - it won't
matter what name is stamped on the front.

I'm guessing he'd find that solution unsatisfactory. He appears convinced
that there's an audible component independent of output power capabilities
(and tone/crossover controls of course).