jwest

Default your Car Amplifier advice, please!

"Frequency response" doesn't speak to sound quality. I and a good friend of
mine who sings for a living can make the same range of sound come out of our
bodies. However, anyone that thinks that that fact makes me a substitute for
him as a singer doesn't know music from sound.

"Mark Zarella" wrote in message
Here's the amps I've tried so far:

PPI PCX-4125 (125W x4ch) -- I love the rich midrange and midbass,
but the highs are a little rough and there is absolutely no extended
highs ("air") at all.

Zapco C2K-6.0X (150W x2ch -- used to power all 4 speakers as a 2ohm
stereo load) -- This amp is incredibly clean-sounding. The extended
highs are immaculate. But it sounds thin in the midrange, as if
something is missing. The meat and potatoes just not there.

That's odd. The frequency response of these two amps is identical.