Sean Scott

"MZ" wrote in message

The car is a 2004 Chevy Malibu Classic, by fresh do you mean a bigger
battery with more cold cranking amps? Or just a newer battery, I am

saving
to get some nice audiobahn 800 Watt 12s at circuit city would I need a
cap
by then or is it just something you dont buy unless you NEED it?

By "fresh", I meant that a battery that is getting old tends to draw more
current to charge it. Since your car is a 2004, this probably isn't the
case for you.

When do you need a capacitor?
http://www.mobileaudio.com/rac-faq/rac-faq_2.html#SEC22

Ok thanks for the help, I don't think I need a cap, if I have any problems
with the headlights dimming I think I would rather buy a better alternator
instead.