Posted to rec.audio.pro
nickbatz nickbatz is offline

Default 12" passive radiator replacement?

I have decent large-ish sonus-faber speakers for mains and a 50 cubic
foot sub with a 15 inch Adire driver in it. That makes for very
relaxed bottom end, particularly as it is all integrated with
Sonarworks, which is so far the only software I know that measures
multiple (37) points in the room so it doesn't try to correct moding
nulls.

Thinking about it, it may be the size of the box itself that I'm hearing. I've heard quite a few small ported speakers that lack a relaxed sound.